Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday June 13, 2018 at 13:00
Roark
Lurking Member
June 2018
Hi!--I'm a newbie here.

I inherited a Denon AVR-4800, with no remote.
The Receiver Tuner on this model can only be controlled on the original RC-869 Remote, using the button labelled as Tuner +/_ . [There's no Tuner control on the amp itself! All other functions can be controlled on the amp itself.]

I can select 40 preset channels on the amp itself, using the Channel Up & Down buttons. But none of these presets are local stations, so I can't hear the radio & don't know for sure if it's working!

The 2 Phillips universal remotes I tried DON'T control the Tuner!---
But DO work for some functions of the receiver : 1]Power: On/Off 2] Volume +/- 3] Function Selection : CD vs Tape Player 1,DVD,Receiver,etc 4] Muting; & 1 or 2 more functions.

The Phillips remotes [Mdls: SRP9488C/27 & SRP2013G/27] have 3 codes for Denon Audio [from a Comprehensive Code Library, apparently the same one used by GE & other manufacturers]

Is there some combination of buttons on the Phillips remotes that might allow control of the Tuner?

I do see a few of original & universal remote replacements online [& I have called Denon to little avail].Logitech claims their Harmony remote should work.

But can I find a relatively inexpensive solution myself?

I also have the AVR-4800 manual which I have studied.

Last edited by Roark on June 13, 2018 14:13.
Roark

Hosting Services by ipHouse