The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Wednesday June 13, 2018 at 12:16
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
They don't want to work for it, they just want the light-weight stuff. OTOH, three bars have had their safe stolen, so....

My neighborhood has been seeing the same things happening and it's just target of opportunity stuff, although a few windows have been broken. Since that makes noise, it's obviously less common.

Having lost two cars, three car stereos, a box of tools and four bicycles to thieves and an attempted break-in where I rented before buying my house, I'm all too familiar with that level of pissed off. When the last bike was stolen, the idiot also took my dad's small snowblower and dragged it across the hood of his '56 T-Bird. I have zero tolerance for this kind of shit and if I catch someone, I may make the news. When the Police ask "Why is he hanging by his feet?", I'll just say "Because he would die if I hang him by his neck".

Or, I might just have the turd get on all fours and make him lick the stripe along the edge of a road while I kick him in the ass the whole way.

One of my camera/DVR customers called to ask me to look at the video from that morning and I saw a car pull up next to another that was parked across the street. They left the lights on, four guys got out and circled the car, which was parked directly under a street light. Seeing nothing of value and finding locked doors, they left but the homeowner across the street saw it happen. The car is owned by his daughter's friend and when I saw him, he asked why they would do that, even with the camera and ADT signs at his driveway. I told him they were sending a message- he asked what the message was and I told him it was "We don't care about your cameras and alarm".

I did a bar/restaurant a while back and during a break-in, one of the pinheads went behind the bar and as he filled a waste basket with bottles of booze, he would occasionally stare directly at the camera facing that part of the bar. He must have seen the rings of red LEDs and he may have talked to one of the customers who had told people that some of the cameras I installed were dummies. I let him believe that.

Last edited by highfigh on June 13, 2018 12:26.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse