The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Wednesday June 6, 2018 at 23:56
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
That's not as bad as being some things. There are jokes about vegans and other irritatingly communicative and obnoxious subsections of humanity who walk into a place and instantly tell everyone what they are.

Warn him that when he's out of school, if he goes around saying "When I was at UM we..." Sooner or later someone will tell him he's not there any more and he doesn't know what's happening HERE.

Remember that a clear pronunciation of "UM" is what someone says when they don't know what to say: "Ummm..."

As for the article, my dad was an engineer and I picked up A LOT of attitudes about how to do things from him. I mind melded with something over half of the situations in that article.

The intro said there was a fake in the bunch and I didn't notice which one it was. Hopefully it wasn't one I identified with!
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse