Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Tuesday May 29, 2018 at 22:39
mdavej
December 2002
Nevo C3 / Xsight 18G IR/RF works exactly the same as the MX. Remote and base itself shoots IR and has 6 blasters.

You can put a macro on any button.

Nevo / Xsight does not do long press, but other JP1 remotes do. A JP1 remote that runs one of our "extender" programs can have 5 functions per button - short press, long press, double press, shifted and double shifted. I personally prefer just using the labeled soft buttons to memorizing the 5 things a button could do.

My wiki has a lot more info than the cnet piece:
[Link: hifi-remote.com]

Here's a list of other JP1 remotes. A "Y" in the Extender column means it can do distinct long press among many other things (variables, conditional branching, nested subroutines, unlimited devices, unlimited macros, etc.).

Sorry, but I need to keep my lifetime supply. Doesn't look like UEI will ever make a remote like this again.

Having said all that, JP1 remotes are a poor man's URC. If you can find another MX, that would be your best bet. URC is far more powerful (256 devices vs. just 18 with UEI, etc.) and reliable than UEI. The build quality of URC is also much better and the software far more sophisticated. If you want something new to learn and play with, then JP1 would be a fun and cheap diversion. But JP1 has sufficed for all my systems over the past 20 years or so.

Last edited by mdavej on May 30, 2018 15:45.

Hosting Services by ipHouse