The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Thursday May 3, 2018 at 19:27
SammPX
Long Time Member
May 2005
I put in a couple solar floodlight cams and a doorbell for a client and they love it. Only complaint so far is the motion detection is a little too sensitive and it picks up cars going by on the street.

I recently installed one at my front door so I can have package alerts when UPS drops off. So far so good.

I was surprise that their cloud service is $100/year for unlimited cameras. Let me say that again - $100 per year for as many cameras as you want.

It's a good fit for certain people who can't or won't move to an entry level IP system price point. I tend to draw a line for clients if they bring up Ring when we are talking surveillance and let them decide...

Do they want to own the drives and content of what is being recorded versus having it on a cloud server somewhere in the world

If they are on a low bandwidth WAN connection or are otherwise concerned about data capacity it's best to not put up several cameras that are always recording to the cloud.

Physical security - don't put a ring camera where you should really have a vandal proof dome.

Wifi signal - sometimes it's easier to just run a cat6 to the camera versus fighting to get wifi to all corners of the house or property

Hosting Services by ipHouse