The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 25 made on Saturday April 28, 2018 at 21:06
Fins
Elite Member
June 2007
On April 28, 2018 at 16:49, slobob said...
I love the discussions this leads too, almost "who's on first".

Customer: I have a Pioneer car stereo and my friend had a Pioneer Elite DVD player he really liked. I'd like to use that for my system.

Integrator: No problem, however those are no longer the same company.

Customer: but they have the exact same logo...

Integrator: I know, it's confusing, but they aren't the same company. Pioneer Home is now owned by Onkyo..

Customer: Oh onkyo! I have one of their sound bars! Lets use them for the receiver then!

Integrator: Can do, but again, not the same company.

Customer, but they also use the same logo...

Integrator: I know, but not the same company...

Customer: Then who would you recommend?

Integrator: How about Integra? They have many great integration features for your control system and I have used them for quite a while..

Customer: OK, but I've never heard of them. Who owns them?

Integrator: Onkyo..

Customer: which Onkyo? Never mind F**K this I'll just go with a Denon. Anything as long as its not Marantz, I had a bad experience once.

Integrator: Uh..... got some bad news for you...

Sarcasm button turned off... Seriously though there is so much brand merging/exclusivity/licensing/muddying, it's a joke. I know we all sell ourselves and the experience we can provide, but with only a little research by the customer and it becomes a treatise on mergers and acquisitions....

Integrator: Tell you what, let’s go with Yamaha. They make really nice motorcycles. Now, let’s talk speakers
Civil War reenactment is LARPing for people with no imagination.

Hosting Services by ipHouse