The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday April 28, 2018 at 19:19
Ira W
Lurking Member
April 2018
I've been using a Pronto TSU7000 for years (obviously) to control 2 rooms with a receiver controlling TVs and speakers in both rooms and multiple inputs (Dish, ROKU, Apple TV, Blu-Ray, etc.). I'm concerned about how long the Pronto or the lone Windows XP laptop will last (the Pronto Edit program will not run on anything beyond XP).

So I'm contemplating moving from my highly configured Pronto to a Harmony Elite. My questions, for anybody who knows, are:

1) Is the Harmony Elite as configurable as the Pronto, so I can watch any of my inputs in either room or both rooms simultaneously, and then easily switch room combinations or input devices without having to shut down and restart?

2) Are the hard buttons (or soft buttons on the screen) configurable to control different devices? e.g., configuring a Netscape button for the ROKU?

3) It's great that Harmony already knows the codes for so many devices - including everything I own. Does it happen to have discrete on/off codes for things like Sony TVs where the remote only has a toggle Power button?

4) I'm using all 4 IR blaster ports on my Pronto's base station, and I see that the Harmony base station has only 2 IR blaster ports (with 2.5 mm ports vs. Pronto's 3.5mm). If I use a jack adapter from Monoprice to go to 3.5mm, and then a splitter on each to get to 4 IR blaster cables, will this degrade the signal seriously or should this work to drive the blasters that I already have in place?

5) Anything else I should be aware of?

Thanks for any feedback,

Ira

Hosting Services by ipHouse