The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Wednesday April 25, 2018 at 08:59
andrewinboulder
Select Member
August 2003
On April 25, 2018 at 01:59, Brad Humphrey said...
Well the camera does look a little better in the Nest than the Ring. Even thou it is doing so by applying a large amount of WDR/BLC DSP. Which makes it look very washed out and reduces the functional resolution. But overall, starting with the higher MP and better aspect ratio (for a front door), it still looks better at catching details than the Ring (or Doorbird), depending on lighting.

However... $300 a year for just 30days of events/recordings. WOW! Expensive! Costs you more every year than the cost of the system. And you HAVE to at least get the $50 a year to have even basic functionality of the system -
[edit]: After watching a couple of videos about it now, it does appear you at least retain basic functionality with no paid service.

Doesn't appear to be a way to getting the stream to an NVR? Correct? Also no 3rd party integration yet? Other than google home?
It is nice that it records 24/7 so you don't miss any events. And is stamped with button pushes and motion events in the cloud.

Yeah, I love Nest's interface, but they fees are really high. Kudos to them for making it work.

Anyone tried the facial recognition feature on the Nest doorbell - good, bad, just ok?

I never have problems with my Ring Doorbell being late on video, but it has really good wifi reception.

Hosting Services by ipHouse