The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Wednesday April 25, 2018 at 03:22
Proggieus
Long Time Member
October 2005
On April 23, 2018 at 22:50, Ernie Gilman said...
One advantage of using something other than PVI is that you won't have to deal with their execrable (yes, that means able to be shat) system of ignoring communications by phone or email.

At this point, sort of as an experiment, I'm waiting to see how many months it will take them to get back to me "right away" regarding a return authorization I was forced to abandon the unit I bought because it was not possible, despite actual telephone call appointments, to get anyone on the phone to talk me through setup of the MiniMod 2 for ATSC. One guy told me he would call in a half hour. Then, when I called him back forty five minutes later and miraculously got him on the line again, he said, "oh, he didn't call you?" This guy, who I understand is in charge of sales, wanted to pass me to a technical guy, but he never followed up to see if it happened.

I had to abandon the idea of using PVI simply because it had, at that point, already cost me more in labor trying to get it set up than I had spent on it to begin with. I call that "it doesn't work" because there's no support to work through the difficulties.

I gave up on them when under no circumstances would they allow for any kind of a demo unit-

I asked what happens if its not as good as they claimed it is, the answer was i could sell the demo system on eBay.

funny you couldnt get any after sales support when they hounded me for weeks after our last conversation asking me when i was going to purchase a system so i could test it out.

No Thanks,

Hosting Services by ipHouse