Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Tuesday April 24, 2018 at 23:05
Brad Humphrey
February 2004
Samdung, Sharpy, you are glutton for punishment aren't you Tom :)

In all seriousness, the red stripe is vertical and on the left side isn't it? Very common with Sharp. As well as failed drive boards, bad HDMI chipsets, low Hotplug on the +5V HDMI, etc., etc., etc.
Sharp = crap. Elite is a Sharp, the badge means nothing.
Unlike Samsung which has several models in their top tier with excellent picture quality (just built like crap), Sharp sucks all the way around - not reliable, picture looks like crap, and lacking integration basics.

For $1299, he can get the brand new LG 70UK6570PUB 70" 4K HDR LCD. Not the greatest looking TV but it is good for the money. And I'm willing to lay down cash, it would blow the Sharp away. [He can get last year's model (still available) for $1150].

You would have to go to 75" for Samsung. They have one for $1599. If you can get a California model that doesn't give you problems, should be good.

Sony has the 70X690E for $1299. Although that one really doesn't look that good. I would actually take the LG over this. Have to get higher up before Sony really kicks in and dominates.

He can get a 70" Vizio for $1,099! Even this I think would look 'slightly' better than the Sharp and would be more reliable in the long run.

Hosting Services by ipHouse