Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Monday April 23, 2018 at 21:57
Craig Aguiar-Winter
September 2002
Look into Casatunes. The music servers come with different numbers of hardwired zones, and also a number of Airplay zones. You can use any combination of hardwired and AP.

The airplay zones will play into any airplay device and the server will control Yamaha, and any other brands of receiver that ise IP control.

If hardwiring, you can take two of the outputs and connect them to your multizone receiver. It then sees the two zones as completely separate zones and controls them via IP independently of one another. You could locate the server in this room so it can hard connect to the receiver.

Then, if you can't hardwired other zones, use the airplay zones to create additional zones anywhere else in the house using Apple TVs, Airport Express, Airplay equipped receivers, airplay speakers etc.

You can play through the Casatunes app, and then for services not available in the app you can also Airplay into any of the zones from an Apple Device. All of the Zones you create, whether hardwired or Airplay, show up in your Apple Device as devices you can airplay to.

I have a Casatunes system and HEOS both running in my home and have deployed many of each. My wife never even opens the Casatunes app. She only uses the airplay feature on the Casatunes system. (None but me uses the HEOS as the Casatunes system went in first. I just put in HEOS to play and learn it and only have 4 zones.)

In my own home, I have my server hardwired via analogue out to a 12 channel amp for 6 hardwired zones of speakers, and also hardwired via optical to a Denon receiver in my family room (controlled by IP), and finally to two Airplay Zones in my Master Bedroom running on a Denon two zone receiver. The Master Bedroom is handled by the onboard Airplay in the receiver, and an Airport Express connected to the CD input creates an independant Airplay Zone in Master Bedroom ensuite. Both are IP controlled and work flawlessly.

The system has delays you can adjust for when a hardwired zone is next to an airplay zone so that everything plays in sync and there is zero echo with multiple zones running.

I can't list everything it does but it is a very good system and is very well supported for us CIs.

Knowing the little bit you've posted here, I think it could be a good fit.

I googled Casatunes and Apple Music and found a press release that says they support Apple Music. But I've never tried it.

Craig.

Last edited by Craig Aguiar-Winter on April 23, 2018 22:12.
My wife says I can't do sarcasm. She says I just sound like an a$$hole.

Hosting Services by ipHouse