The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday April 21, 2018 at 20:51
PSS
Select Member
December 2002
I have a client that wants to upgrade his house. He wants to use Apple Music. I have no experience with Apple Music, so I ask those that do....
The situation is:
New AVR's going in, either Yamaha Aventage or Sony ES.
New Sony Z9 75" in Family Room
New Sony 930 55" in the MBR
New 4K Apple TV's
Directv, not sure if he's going to upgrade to 4K yet
My main question is about the music end of the system. Client wants to use the AVR "app" for music in main zone and zone 2. This is why I'm leaning on the Aventage so it can use the Music Cast app (and not see all the clutter of the AVR app).
So if I use the Music Cast app does anyone know if he can use Apple Music in zone 2 while the main zone is either off or watching something on DirecTV.
Also in using Apple Music, how exactly does Apple Music work? I don't think his wife will be able to use it. I believe you have to press the Air Play icon, then choose where to Air Play too. The list may be confusing (Apple TV's, AVR's, ?). From what I have found it actually Air Plays from the device (i-Phone or i-Pad). If this is true the WiFi has to be great as one moves around the house and if the device say, leaves the network (i-Phone) to run to the store for more booze for the party the music would stop.....correct?
Since I don't have any Apple Music experience I wonder how many button presses and apps will be needed to get his Apple Music up and running with trying to use zone 2 or main zone of the AVR .....
I also saw somewhere that you can only Air Play to one device. So one couldn't Air Play to both AVR's for true "whole house" music if this is true......
I originally quoted using Sonos Connects, multi zone amps for the house music side of the system trying to limit how many apps, screens one has to use to get music going. For those with experience with both how easy is it to use Apple Music from Sonos?
I know this post is pretty long but I need to figure out if I should go any further with this job. I can potentially see a lot of frustration with the client, myself and possibly the wife after this thing is done trying to get Apple Music working throughout the house.

Hosting Services by ipHouse