The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Tuesday April 10, 2018 at 00:55
SV650S
Select Member
June 2006
I have traveled for work quite a. It. I have driven from Seattle to the Denver area and to the Bay area for large jobs. I have also done a,number in Idaho I have flown to Chicago and Palm Springs
Driving is nice because you have all of your tools and can bring what you need. Be sure to bring extra supplies,so you don't have to make a 4 hour drive because your punch down tool fell onto the concrete and broke the blade . If you fly make sure to find local suppliers before you need them. Find out if you need any business information to make purchases and their hours and location. Ship in what you can. Do not expect the local Ace to have what you need. If there are no,local suppliers talk to your regular house and let them know you are working remotely and may need things overnighted. Give them the address ahead of time to ease shipping. Find out if UPS delivers daily. Some areas they don't.
Make sure to give yourself plenty of time. You will,work late nights and lots of hours. Find the food places that are open late. Watch alcohol intake. You need to be on your game because time is limited.
The customer pays travel and hotel cost and a $75 per day per diem. It goes quickly when you are in an expensive ski town.
As others have said make sure you can legally work there. Check the state and municipality for license requirements.

Hosting Services by ipHouse