The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Sunday April 1, 2018 at 10:31
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On April 1, 2018 at 10:00, Ernie Gilman said...
With a 70V system, the transformer taps are used to choose how much power goes to each speaker and the system will be okay as long as the total power determined this way doesn't exceed the available power.

You can do all sorts of wrong things and have stuff survive if you don't happen to exceed the limits. But that's really another topic.

At some point, trying to use consumer electronics to drive 8 ohm speakers directly will bite you in the ass.

If the restaurant owner is made to understand why something should be done in specific ways, the system doesn't need to fail- the easy way to do this is by making it impossible for the resident "expert" to adjust ANYTHING other than what has been made available. ZonePro does that very well and it limits the number of sources, too. Could be 8 Ohm, could be 70V- that's up to the system designer but with level controls on amplifiers, DSP for compression/limiting/EQ/crossover- there's no good reason for 8 Ohm speakers and amps to bite anyone, anywhere.

The best question I have ever heard from a bar owner who was being pitched on a new audio system- "Will I make more money if I do this?". Remember that and use it to make the client understand that you want them to never call you for repairs because a system that's not working will be very conspicuous.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse