The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Friday March 30, 2018 at 12:29
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On March 30, 2018 at 11:47, DeuceTrinal said...
I certainly did read the warranty, and I take umbrage at the fact that you assume I didn't.

My apologies. I assumed that you didn't because their treatment of you was so VERY far from the written warranty's promises. I didn't think they would simply LIE to the world about how the warranty would be handled.

On the other hand, they're also screwed up in a whole different way. You are rightly upset with their warranty service, when you weren't even asking for warranty service. I'll bet that you told them your unit was out of warranty; that would have been the perfect place for them NOT to quote their warranty policy (the policy that they weren't going to follow, anyway), but to state simply that the unit was out of warranty and repair was not available for out of warranty units.

The company has every right to refuse to do anything for an out-of-warranty unit, but they missed the boat by not declaring anything about that (unless that's stated somewhere and you didn't quote it here).

All you can do is shout about this from the rooftops and/or file a lawsuit. You could try threatening them, if the person you reach on the phone would even care, by telling them that their handling of this issue is being followed online by a large international community of audio/video and IT professionals. Would that be an accurate statement? It'd be a whole lot more accurate than their warranty statement and their lack of statement of out-of-warranty procedures!
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse