The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Friday March 30, 2018 at 11:47
DeuceTrinal
Long Time Member
January 2010
On March 27, 2018 at 03:03, Ernie Gilman said...
I've been called Captain Obvious, so here I go:

1. You must not have read the warranty on your 200 Pro. I also would not have imagined their policy was this bad, so I can understand that. Haven't seen crap like this before? As the old folks say, "keep on living."

2. I'll bet the policy on the DSX is a lot different. But now we know you'll read the warranty before buying, or immediately before returning the freshly opened packaging, if the DSX's "warranty" is as much of a fairy tale as that of the 200 Pro.

I certainly did read the warranty, and I take umbrage at the fact that you assume I didn't.  I's the same generic warranty as on every Fluke product (mentions "main frames" and software even on a toner) and it says "To obtain warranty service, contact your nearest Fluke Networks authorized service center to obtain return authorization information, then
send the product to that service center, with a description of the difficulty, postage and insurance prepaid (FOB destination). Fluke Networks
assumes no risk for damage in transit. Following warranty repair, the product will be returned to Buyer, transportation prepaid (FOB
destination).
". I knew the tool was out of the 1 year warranty, however I did expect to be able to pay to get it repaired. My cordless drill costs half what this toner did, and the manufacturer will happily repair it for me if needed for less than the cost of a new tool. The fact that Fluke considers these expensive tools disposable is what irks me, I never would have paid the premium for a fluke tool if I knew it was just as disposable as a cheap one.
More zip ties!

Hosting Services by ipHouse