The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Wednesday March 28, 2018 at 12:20
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
When I was a student at UCRiverside in 1967, and doing all the electronic maintenance in the music department, I ran across the DGG ARCHIV classical catalog. The faculty member in charge of the library (Edward H. Clinkscale, surely a suspect name for a music professor!) had purchased almost the entire line, hundreds of flawless recordings of music from many different centuries.

I fell in love with Bach's B Minor Mass. First, it came in a cloth-bound cover almost an inch thick. Second, the music is astounding and the performances are better than astounding. Third, there are three LPs to this set and about two hours of music. I soon had bought my own.

This was what I wore out.

A few years later, after I installed a set of Rogersound speakers at the iconic Hollywood Tower Records, the manager (Charlie) told me I could have whatever "record" I wanted. Mine actually was worn out, so I asked for that. Despite its being three records with a retail near $30, he agreed. I still have that copy, and in fact also its reissue on CD.

Here's what the package looked like:

A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse