Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday March 22, 2018 at 23:24
wagkyf
Lurking Member
March 2018
Hi,
My work has a crestron cp2e unit that was installed around 2007. It was a rather large system with about 10 touch panels, three cp2e processors ( I assume in slave/master mode), a couple bipad8 units for audio control, a video switcher for three projectors in meeting rooms, and some other stuff. My boss consulted a reputable AV system company to install a new system for the meeting rooms with new projectors and HDMI support using quickmedia wall inputs. Well they claimed removing three touch panels and removing the processor associated with that floor wouldn't affect the rest of the system. Unfortunately after the install (their stuff works great) the rest of our system quit working, such as most all functions with our touch panels. On one of our processors on the second floor the error LED is flashing red. My question is, is it typical that removing three touch panels would cause a problem with the other units? Or could the system continue on without connecting to them/ finding them on the network. Also, if a slave was removed from the network, would the others continue to operate simply without whatever features were running off that slave?

I'm fairly technical and have done quit a bit of research on crestron units and how they communicate. But since I am not a dealer I cannot program them myself.

Any feedback is appreciated. Trying to save the company some money if its fixable without upgrading the other half.
Thanks

Hosting Services by ipHouse