The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Wednesday March 21, 2018 at 11:26
N8N
Long Time Member
March 2018
Cool. Another good idea. I will look into that as well. Do you recommend any particular Pronto remote over others? I now have the original remote, but seeing as each TP-117 actually has two zones (so two remotes and a RC-501 receiver are required to use it to its full potential) and I actually have a second, broken unit that I may try to fix and pass on to someone if I get bored, being able to duplicate the original remote without laying out $50 for it is a Good Thing. Or I could set up a four zone audio system. Speakers in the bathroom, why not? :)

So I learned one of my Harmonies the CD control stuff so hopefully soon at least people with Harmonies can use a TP-117 without the factory remote. It sounds like from my correspondence with Logitech they can go into my account and get the info they need to push it out to anyone who wants it. That doesn't help others, but it's a start.

This just got more relevant because I just found one of the RC-501 remote sensors on eBay so now I can fully test my TP-117 (you can't use the Zone 2 preamp that's built in without a RC-501), and maybe take a stab at fixing the one that I bought solely to get the original remote.

So now I've spent about $130 on stuff related to this unit, figured out how to make a replacement cassette deck control cable, and am attempting to figure out the remote - all because of a $20 thrift store purchase. In my defense however, it is a fantastic preamp and I think will be the last piece of audio gear to be sold if stuff hits the fan.

Last edited by N8N on March 21, 2018 11:35.

Hosting Services by ipHouse