Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 19 made on Sunday March 18, 2018 at 21:59
Hi-FiGuy
January 2004
On March 18, 2018 at 21:35, Hasbeen said...
Right, that's the Google tag.  You'll see them for up to 30 days. 

I read an article the other day about an advertiser who swears that Facebook is listening to people...His claim was that he'd talk about something (without searching for it) and shortly after he'd start seeing ads for the product. 

This is a guy who understands how it works because he does it for a living...That being said...I don't know if he's bat sh!t crazy or not.....

So, he does a test...He finds a product at home depot that he'd have no reason to ever search for.  It's some sort of crazy foam sheets.

So, for a week he'd just randomly say "foam sheets"...But never searched for it.

Within 3 days he claims he started seeing ads for that exact foam. 

Again, I don't know if he's crazy, looking for attention, or telling the truth.

Have had this happen many times.
In particular the wife and I were in the car talking about a one off obscure BBQ joint and when we picked up our phones the BBQ joint was on both our Facebook feeds.
To further clarify the topic, one of my clients business writes software that does just that I found after I mentioned the subject to him.

And unless you can take the battery out of your phone, its never really totally off, what other reason would they have to stop your from changing your own battery?

Hosting Services by ipHouse