The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 25 made on Thursday March 8, 2018 at 23:23
Fins
Elite Member
June 2007
On March 8, 2018 at 11:49, Mac Burks (39) said...
My gf and i about 12 years ago...

She has a fan she turns on every night. The noise helps her sleep. She points it at the wall so its only use is the noise it makes. I put it on an X10 widget and program it to a remote control that also controls the bedroom AV.

Works great right? Grab the remote and turn the fan on after turning the AV off so she can go to sleep?

Nope...

Every day she wakes up and unplugs it to turn it off VS grab the remote...so every night she has to get up and plug it back up to turn it on. For like a month i would plug it back in but within 24 hours she had it unplugged again.

I finally gave up. She currently still sleeps with a fan that she unplugs and plugs back up every day. And before you ask...i know it has an ON/OFF knob...but for some reason its easier to unplug it and plug it back up?

I also have a fan. I’ve been meaning to pick up a plug I can automate. My wife complains about the noise every night when I turn it on. I tell her if she’ll just wait till I’m asleep, she won’t hear it over the snoring.

Oh, my router is in my rack in my bedroom closet. The AP is mounted center of the house in the attic.
Civil War reenactment is LARPing for people with no imagination.

Hosting Services by ipHouse