The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Saturday March 3, 2018 at 16:55
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On March 3, 2018 at 15:41, Ernie Gilman said...
I should have mentioned that the way these things are named is confusing and inconsistent, so I'm not going to say "IR filter" any more. Note that the thread title doesn't say "IR filter" for just this reason.

I suspect, Glackowitz, that you mean "removes IR light." My Samsung Galaxy S4 sees IR just fine, front and back. My gf's iPhone X doesn't show remote control IR on the front camera, but shows it on the back camera.

This helps us define the confused state of talking about this, but nothing here helps us know how to add an IR-reducing element into the light path. Any ideas?

Well, apparently, the front lens DOES filter IR out, but you need to block UV, too. Look for a UV filter and you may find what you need. It may be called a 'skylight' or 'neutral density' filter.

You should remember- photos of objects only show the reflected light and cameras aren't designed to photograph the Sun without some kind of filtering, generally UV (as I wrote before). Photographing the Sun is nothing like getting images of things and people- the light is far more intense and that not only affects the colors, it affects the exposure.

Are you mainly using her phone for these photos, or yours, too? If you use yours, what is it?
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse