Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 28 made on Saturday March 3, 2018 at 09:45
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On March 1, 2018 at 08:39, Fins said...
For people complaining about a $150 doorbell not being 100%, im reminded of Louis CK talking about the kid on the airplane complaining because the internet doesnt work. Youre on a freaking airplane, be impressed it has internet at all.

Same goes for Ring (and similar products). SOmeone pushes an button at your home, and it finds your phone anywhere in the world, and sends you an instant page. It doesnt call, it doesnt dial your number and wait for the call to connect through the phone system, it pages and with one touch will connect the call with sound and video. Freaking video! Its like a Dick Tracy comic book.

I wish phone companies would bring back rotary phones so kids could see how good they have it.

A plane traveling at <600MPH is no problem as a target for RF. As long as the cell towers are sending signal upward, flying at 40,000' is a bit past the edge of the 6 mile range but that's not an absolute distance.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse