The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Wednesday February 28, 2018 at 20:52
andrewinboulder
Select Member
August 2003
On February 28, 2018 at 11:33, lippavisual said...
Mainly because they are solid products, price is unheard of and I can do just about anything needed with them. I also have some stock configs that I can load into any of the routers and be up and running in minutes.

As for dashboards, they're cute and all, but not a necessity. If I use Unifi waps, then I put in a cloud key to view things and get remote access. If I use Ruckus, then I look at the ZoneDirector or Master Unleashed Wap for info. If I'm having a routing problem or similar, then I can look at the Tik and use the plethora of tools that are built-in to them to find my problem.

Either way, all my networks have a vpn, so I can troubleshoot anything really.

Unifi and others are kind of plug and pray, if you ask me. They push out so many damn updates and versions, you never know what you're going to get when they are plugged in. Plus, I've seen many of these devices literally bring the network to a hault because of bad firmware or the like.

Hope it helps. I personally don't believe that the Tik learning curve is that bad at all. Just about anything you need to do with them is either already posted in their wiki with steps or the CLI ready to be copy and pasted or there are Youtube videos on how to do it. Once you get the hang of them, you'll understand what I'm referring to.

Hey if it has additional tools to help diagnose issues on a network ‘nuff said.

Hosting Services by ipHouse