The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Thursday February 8, 2018 at 16:13
kpeters
Lurking Member
January 2018
So you should be aware that those CatX solutions all use lossy compression. I actually know some installer/integrator colleagues that weren't called back again after a pretty pissed customer found out then found out they were throwing away half the data because of a transmission medium problem after they bought these big badass TVs and players.

If you were looking at the Inneos BJK extenders over multimode, they just did a big price drop. The old price you were looking at was MSRP, and if you're an integrator going through a distributor like, you're gonna be able to get 40% off MSRP. I've used FutureReady Solutions. The Inneos kit *does* offer fiber included with the extender dongles in increments of... I want to say 10, 20, 30, up to 500 meters? DPL certification is also there, with the flexibility of whatever length you choose.

[Link: inneos.com]

You're also gonna have a future proofed solution when the new 8k stuff comes out, as the bandwidth of fiber is basically unlimited, so all you'll have to do is swap the end points while leaving the fiber in!

As far as Celerity, I've never had a good experience there. Those cables havean awful pull strength rating and break all the time, not to mention that there were a number of cases where they didn't even support 18G 4k right out of the box!

Hosting Services by ipHouse