The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Wednesday February 7, 2018 at 19:33
urcuser
Lurking Member
February 2018
Not sure if anybody will notice since I'm posting on a 3-year old thread. But this is most relevant to my current situation so I'll try. I currently use an MX-600 and Rf20 in my current 3-room setup. Although both of these remotes are horribly out of date, they've worked for me for 10+ years (MX-600) and 6-7 years for the Rf20. Unfortunately, I will be soon upgrading to the X1 box from Xfinity (my box will be a Pace PX001ANM). These boxes use weird XMP IR codes. My understanding is that I'm out of luck with both of my remotes. I really don't want to spend a lot of money on a new remote, nor do I want to undertake a huge learning curve with a different brand just to add a cable box!

Based on the above, if I can get ahold of an MX-800 it looks like I could load it with the device file posted on this site and since it's got an almost identical layout to my existing MX-600, this is the best possible solution for me. Problem is, I don't have an MX-800 and although I could purchase a used one prettily easily, my understanding is that URC does not make the MXEditor software available to consumers. Does anybody have any advice?

I've already contacted the vendor from whom I purchased the MX-600 some 11 years ago, they are an authorized reseller (not sure what this site's policies are in mentioning vendors; I think I actually found them 11 years ago based on research I did on this very site). I'm just curious if this is even worth pursuing, given that the MX-800 is also very old (plus the software issue). I'm really up a creek on this one, so I'm posting in the hopes that someone can point me in the right direction on the MX-800 or else tell me I'm crazy. Thanks to anybody who is willing to take the time to respond.

Hosting Services by ipHouse