The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Tuesday February 6, 2018 at 20:01
Grasshopper
Long Time Member
May 2016
On February 6, 2018 at 00:48, Brad Humphrey said...
Is this for your own house?
I hope it is not for a customer, since it doesn't sound like you have any experience with CCTV. At least not enough.

You will need to do some research on the Doorbell camera, if you want it to record onto the DVR. Especially with motion. Not all of them can do it - if fact many can't.
Last year I tried a Doorbird with a Hikvision DVR. I could record the stream but there was no motion feature available. Even thou both were ONVIF compliant.

You're partially correct...I've installed lots of cameras...physically. I don't know the network side of it though, I've never had the opportunity to do that/never been taught. Just runnin wires and terminatin and hangin and pluggin in. (I know what plugs in where and why). Mostly Flir cameras and nvr's but some Wirepath as well. It's not for my house or a client though, it's for a friend's house.

On February 6, 2018 at 08:25, Zohan said...
Do you need specifically a doorbell camera, or will a camera dedicated to the front door area work?

I was thinking about suggesting that myself after this post. I mean...it'll do the job. If they wanna know who is at the door, they can just look. It's not a huge house. She wants the system so she can catch who has been messing with her stuff.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far! I'll be doin some research on them this weekend.
Everyone should learn something new every day.

Hosting Services by ipHouse