The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Tuesday February 6, 2018 at 03:06
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On February 6, 2018 at 01:11, Brad Humphrey said...

3) This is going to get too long.

Rarely let that get in your way, especially when you're painting a delicious picture as you are here.

A few months ago had one refuse to do an upgrade for one of my clients. Told them the wrong kind of wire was installed in their 6K sqft. home and they couldn't do the install. I PREWIRED that f^er!! Customer had to pay for the equipment from another dealer and I installed everything - it was easy and worked perfect.

This "wrong wire" red herring is the worst. I once was talking with the guy from Belden who wrote the book on low voltage installations and he agreed that the only two reasons to use RG6 Quad are a) you're wiring inside the building at the base of the 350,000 watt TV station transmitter, so you need that little extra shielding, and b) the next installer to come along can't look at the perfectly good foil and braid and lie to the client by saying "Oh, I see they didn't use the good stuff, that thicker RG6... yeah, QUAD!"
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse