Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Tuesday February 6, 2018 at 01:11
Brad Humphrey
February 2004
Dish Network installers have become the worst a-holes to deal with in my area.
Apparently they sell all kinds of audio / video gear off the vans now too. And push it hard on customers even if it is not needed.
Today's example:
I have an older customer I installed a full surround sound for, several years ago. Their old Dish 622 died and they got an upgrade to Hopper.

1) Dish guy says the wire coming from the old dish is very old and needs to be replaced. He also said it was corroded and didn't see how the system was even working. He replaced this before I got on-site. I personally installed that dish 9 years ago with Belden quad RG6, solid copper and compression fitted ends. I had seen all the connections just 2 years ago and they were all still perfect.
I pretty sure the Dish guy was full of crap. But since replacing the cable and ends was part of the install, I can't understand his angle on this? WTF!

2) He has a Polk Audio sound bar that his says the customer needs. It is "an exclusive made for Dish Network by Polk and the best on the market". It costs $400. I kindly explain they already have a full surround system (5 years old) that costs MUCH more than that sound bar - why would they downgrade. He continues pushing the sound bar, saying my system is old and they need to upgrade. At this point I got pissed and rude, told him to shut the f up and finish his job (yes, in front of the customer - he asked for it!).

3) This is going to get to long. There was some more words exchanged when he said something about my URC remote controlling the system. And about keeping the doors open on the cabinet (which I had cooling fans installed in). Etc...

A few months ago had one refuse to do an upgrade for one of my clients. Told them the wrong kind of wire was installed in their 6K sqft. home and they couldn't do the install. I PREWIRED that f^er!! Customer had to pay for the equipment from another dealer and I installed everything - it was easy and worked perfect.

Dish Network installers (at least in my area) have become the scum of the Earth!

Hosting Services by ipHouse