Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 16 made on Monday February 5, 2018 at 21:20
punter16
May 2011
On February 2, 2018 at 23:35, tomciara said...
Threads about this exist. Usually, it’s when both remotes are in use. Once a base station has been “opened” by its remote, it will receive signals from any remote sending RF at that moment.

Ditto on the "open channel situation" outlined above. We've had this happen on systems where we have multiple remotes, multiple MRFs and multiple users. As a result, we've gone to always using standard and "i" remotes when we have multiple remotes in a house.

When we have multiple remotes that are both the same frequency AND there are many users, we change our phone number and physical address so we can't be contacted again. All kidding aside, I mention the multiple users as if it is a couple that is typically watching the same content in the same room, you won't have the issue as they are never pushing the same buttons in different rooms at the same time. However, if you have a job where there are kids in one room changing channels on a cable box and people in another room changing channels on a cable box, you could run into the problem.

We ran into this about 8 years ago and I was hoping that the issue had gone away. Are these new remotes/RF brains (as new as an MX350 can be)?
See our Youtube page for info about smart homes, great audio and more.

[Link: youtube.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse