Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Monday February 5, 2018 at 18:09
Richie Rich
July 2002
On January 31, 2018 at 11:41, Old Man River said...
I've witnessed 3 sales in the last few months where everything conveyed with the house except for the dishes, linens and towels. I had to do an AV inventory at one home where the new owners didn't care at all about the AV gear, but wanted it left in place. People are just weird.

I have looked at two houses in the past few years that had extensive Crestron systems that came with them.

Both were calls to tone out wiring so that cable boxes could be placed at local tvs, bypassing the DM/Sonnex systems.
One house had a dead processor, entire place was automated. They had replaced the thermostats with non Crestron units and had lamps in every room because lighting was offline.
They had zero interest in fixing it.

Another house that I had done years back had changed hands was now owned by a Chinese family. The previous homeowner took all the Crestron remotes but left the rest of the system.
There was a beautiful dedicated theater room in this house, all McIntosh, Runco and Crestron.
They wanted me to light up a coax at the front of the room for their 70something inch Visio tv that they had on a table in front of the screen. I tried to talk them into bringing the room back to life, even went so far as to manually turn everything on to show them that it worked. Explained that all things considered, it would cost all that much to get it up and running and how much the equipment in the house cost.
Their response "why we do that, we pay you $100 to hook up cable box, that already too much money". Keep in mind this was about a $5.5 million house.

Ra
I am a trained professional..... Do not attempt this stunt at home.

Hosting Services by ipHouse