The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Monday February 5, 2018 at 12:01
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On February 5, 2018 at 11:44, 3PedalMINI said...
Restarted the roku, not reset. Didn’t think about deleting it. However his daughter was home from college and brought her TV back and had the same issue (Sony) one of the ipads was also doing the same thing.

I should mention the rokus are all hardwired, the TV and iPad were of course wireless. Didn’t do anything with the ad tracking, didn’t even know that was a thing.

Ad tracking is in System, Privacy- go to the right and you'll see 'Reset Advertising Identifier' and 'Limit Ad-tracking'.

I use two Roku, one is the Stick and the other is a Roku3, neither is hard-wired because they're very close to the router and the Stick can't be. I let Netflix lapse because I wasn't using it but I don't have problems with buffering. The only one I have problems is any of the news streams that have anything to do with Newsy, which runs stupid commercials consecutively in pairs, trios and sometimes, almost ten commercials in a row (not at one time, but when they're annoying, once is more than enough).

If it's happening across multiple platforms, it's time to call the ISP, or possibly reset and clear the cache in the router/gateway and even a switch, if you have one. I never heard that a switch could mess up network speed until I reset one and it went from 2Mbps to over 25Mpbs.

If you do reset the Roku, doing an update will restore the apps, but their positions on the home screen will have to be changed if they like certain ones to be at the top.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse