The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Monday February 5, 2018 at 10:55
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On February 5, 2018 at 10:35, 3PedalMINI said...
I have a few clients that have netflix, roku and fios. over the last few months they have been increasingly unable to watch netflix without a buffering issue. other apps/videos load instantly (100/100 speeds) Its on all 3 rokus and 1 TV at one house and another there are 2 Apple TV's that have this issue.

It appears that both clients are a victim of Verizon hatred of Netflix and some throttling is going on. resets of devices dont do anything other then resetting the ONT which seems to help for a day and then goes back to the same issue.

Searching google brings mixed things regarding whats going on here. Before I have both clients switch over to comcast is there anything else I should check or do? one client has a microtik and another has and edgemax. Its known that verizon throttles netflix over cellular data but there is a mixed bag on fios.

Dont turn this into a net neutrality thread. this has been going on for months before anything changed.

Have you tried deleting Netflix and reinstalling it? What about a reset of the Roku? I had to do that and the Roku 3 I was using started working better. Also, make sure the ad tracking is turned off.

Have you streamed Netflix using a computer or smart TV (if you have one)?
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse