Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Thursday February 1, 2018 at 09:40
Craig Aguiar-Winter
September 2002
On February 1, 2018 at 07:05, james_aa said...
Hi All

To clarify the system has 8 HDMI sources in total distributed to 4 rooms via an HDbaseT matrix. (its a 8x4 model)

The reason we've brought the audio from the TV back to the AVR via the TV is that there is no additional output or inputs on the matrix so we cant go from matrix output to avr to matrix input (or extender).

Alternatively is there such thing as a video sync unit which could delay the video stream so that we could bring it back in line with the audio ? Do some TVs have something like this built in ?

Why would you need to go from the matrix into the AVR, then back to the matrix? If it's to be able to use the HDBT run to the TV then Bob L is correct. The matrix allows all sources to be used on all outputs there for you only need to run to the AVR and then on to the TV.

Three rooms are Matrix to TV, the other is Matrix-AVR-TV. This eliminates your digital audio extender back to the AVR.

As others have pointed out it's the best way. Instead of spending money on fixing a problem, spend money on not creating it in the first place.
My wife says I can't do sarcasm. She says I just sound like an a$$hole.

Hosting Services by ipHouse