The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Thursday February 1, 2018 at 04:44
edizzle
Loyal Member
March 2005
On January 31, 2018 at 23:32, Brad Humphrey said...
My brother-in-law got that 55" Sharp TV on the Black Friday sale for $299.
After he had me come look at it, I was able to convince him what a POS it was and to return it. He got a slightly smaller (49") LG for $399 (still 4K).
It was obvious the picture quality difference, even thou we are talking cheap TVs here.

I didn't get to the point of testing control protocols on it. But I do know some newer Sharp TVs do not respond to all commands. But it should respond to some from the IR database.

Any chance your brother can take that POS back?

[edit]: Just looked in one of my customer files that I know has a newer Sharp. Not that exact model but power on/off codes work. No input codes worked. But that Sharp had a drop down input menu that shows when the input command is sent. A short macro is all that is needed to get to the input needed. It worked every time testing.

No it isn’t going back! He got it Black Friday! Is there any way you could send me the power codes you referenced? I was able to get input macros. There is nothing in the C4 database past 2012!! I tried a few of the older sharp files and it did not respond to anything. We just built a new driver and learned everything from the factory remote. Also, I am doing all of this remotely!
I love supporting product that supports me!

Hosting Services by ipHouse