The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Tuesday January 30, 2018 at 23:44
SWFLMike
Long Time Member
January 2007
I'd recommend you call an "electrician who *knows* Lutron", not an "AV guy who does lighting". Once you find someone like that, pay them what they want to make the trip out there and fix it properly.

I'd also bet a fat chunk of money that the exterior lighting was last serviced by an electrician who had no idea how to deal with a lighting system, so he used some kind of workaround to get those lights up and running, like a mechanical timer or light sensor. And the 'minor' things you referred to sound like scene or button behavior changes.

You didn't provide much detail, but it sounds like the keypads and modules aren't the issue. If the processor is unstable (needs frequent reboots), which I've seen with Interactive processors at about the 15 year mark, then you may want to consider replacing/updating it.

Most panelized lighting systems are really quite reliable, and once they're set up properly, they last a good long time. I still maintain 2 houses with Litetouch systems that just refuse to die...knock on wood!

Hosting Services by ipHouse