The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday January 30, 2018 at 14:59
Old Man River
Long Time Member
February 2008
Looking for a Homeworks dealer within a reasonable distance from White Sulphur Springs, WV (home of the Greenbrier Resort) to troubleshoot and possibly make programming changes to a system. I brought in a dealer on a previous project, and after that experience, I wouldn't let those hacks put a dimmer in a dog house, so I need to find someone I can trust, that is competent in dealing with the Illuminations era systems.

Background: The system was originally installed by a dealer from New Jersey that opened a satellite office here when construction was booming in the early 2000's. They pulled out of the area years ago. This house is on its 3rd owner, and the new owners want things working properly. There are some issues with the lighting, mostly minor, but a large one is that the front, exterior lights aren't working. The owners would prefer all aspects of the home can be handled by someone local, but there are no Homeworks dealers within the area, and my experience with a dealer that the area rep suggested on a previous job turned into an absolute nightmare over one lousy shade. I also don't want them to be in a position where their installer is 3 or more hours away, and getting a service call takes an act of congress due to the distance.

Honestly, After my last experience, I'm leery as hell about bringing in someone else, but there doesn't appear to be much choice. The homeowner was asking if it was possible to just rip it out and use plain old switches. I'm sure the look on my face was priceless, but I told them I'd find someone who can deal with that aspect of the house.

So, feel free to chime in if you're interested, available, within proximity or have a recommendation for someone who is.

Thanks
Lord loves a workin' man; don't trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it.

Hosting Services by ipHouse