Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Tuesday January 30, 2018 at 13:20
Brad Humphrey
February 2004
It certainly sounds like the firmware update on the TV, is what broke the regular functionality.
Even thou you have CEC turned off in the TV, that is just the GUI telling you it has. Doesn't mean the actual device is turning off the CEC. It is one of those things that causes bugs in CE devices, when a manufacture doesn't do their due diligence in vetting operation.
Also concerning that this came from Sony but I have been seeing a lot of quarky stuff happening with Sony this last year.
Not happy about that since I have been a Sony supporter for a long time. Here in the US, if you have a defective Sony product (which I have been seeing a lot more of too) and it is over the 30 day exchange period; be prepared for a long warranty battle. 5 times last year I had to go thru this with customers (more times than I had to in many years prior... total). Each time took between 1-2 months to get warranty satisfaction. That is f^n unacceptable!
They seem to make it as hard & frustrating as they can, hoping the customer will just give up. And it isn't just Sony, all the TV manufactures seem to be doing this BS. Seen & heard stories last year with LG, Vizio, Samsuck, and a few others as well.

As far as your Android TV box.
Most all those little POS boxes are just that. Total Chinese junk that cause issues in systems they are installed in sometimes. If an Android TV box is required for something in a system, the best one to get is the Nvidia Shield. It is a proper CE device.
Unfortunately most people that get those boxes are doing so to stream things unethically. Which also means they will not pay the money for a proper device. Whenever someone presents one of these things to install in a system, I always warn them. but for most, the internet knows better :(
As long as they understand my time is money and if I have to spend hours troubleshooting 'their' POS little box, then they will pay or we will have a problem.

Hosting Services by ipHouse