The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 16 made on Thursday January 25, 2018 at 22:22
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On January 25, 2018 at 16:57, Brad Humphrey said...
You have to get people to watch your videos. But if you can... 200K-500K views per video, Google pays out crazy cash. Have a channel that gets 2M-5M views per video, you are a YouTube celebrity and get paid bank!!!

There are people doing sail boats and the money they make from YouTube pays for the boat and all their expenses to sail around the world.

There are people doing cars. One guy buys $50k-$100K cars constantly with the money from YouTube to have content for his next set of videos.

And a thousand other topics done hundreds of times over.

This is the world we live in now. Narcissism at its best. 90%+ of these videos are people just doing stuff. Not really educational, or even a good story. And people waste countless hours of their time watching it! Why! Why!

For some, it's narcissism, for others it's promotion of themselves as musicians, demonstrating goods for someone else, informational, company training, etc. I use YouTube a lot, to learn things. I had bought a welder a few years ago and never got around to using it because I really didn't need to weld anything important, or urgently. I had welded exactly once since high school and at that time, wire MIG welding may have existed, but we only had oxy-acetylene and stick, so I needed to get up to speed and I found a few great instructors (weld.com and weldingtipsand tricks). The first welds I made sucked something fierce, but I improved enough that I could beat on the joints with a 2-1/2 lb straight pein hammer and they didn't break, so.....

I have a friend who has hundreds, if not thousands of videos on YT and one has over 1.5 Million views. I hope he gets paid for them.

I forgot to mention all of the conspiracy theorists. (There- that ought to keep some of you busy for a while)
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse