The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Thursday January 25, 2018 at 00:51
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On January 24, 2018 at 23:44, edizzle said...
i am not sure what makes this odd? i have done this a million times. patch it perfectly at splice point and there should be no issues whatsoever.

What makes it odd is using more than a hundred feet of cable to go twenty feet, and putting a splice into a 4K cabling setup. I've heard over and over that when you run CAT cables for HDMI, DO NOT terminate them in an RJ45 jack and then use a jumper to connect to the TV (or source), but instead run THAT cable ALL THE WAY to the TV or source. So... if adding a jack can mess up HD video, surely adding a splice right in the middle of more than a hundred feet of cable can cause a problem!

Please describe the details involved in "patch it perfectly." I'd definitely do my best. What do you know about that is perfecter than best?

On January 24, 2018 at 22:36, Impaqt said...
ok... So maybe you could explain why you cant just put a C61 at the TV?

Because I didn't bother to look up what gear outputs 4K and I was focusing on the wrong thing: a video over wire solution.

Thanks, everybody!
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse