The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 29 made on Sunday January 21, 2018 at 13:35
andrewinboulder
Select Member
August 2003
On January 17, 2018 at 16:37, imt said...
They won't. Call the store first before you even make a genius appt to see if they even have batteries. They won't. When I initially tried making a genius appt, with battery replacement option, all the dates a week out were unavail. I looked daily and saw a spot opened up. I assumed that this meant that a batter was avail. I went to discover they have no batteries, no idea when batteries would be coming in. Said probably not until end of Jan, when Apple initially said this $29 battery replacement would start. They did run a check and saw that the battery cycles were high and needed to be replaced. It was my sons iPhone6 and he would get text messages a couple hours later many times or a call would come in and the phone would ring but nothing was displayed.

Went into my local Apple Store and they did a test on my iPhone 6 Plus as well as my wife's Iphone 6.

Both need batteries replaced. I said, OK let's do it. According to that store, you have to wait about 4 weeks for them to get a new iPhone 6 Plus battery in, since they no longer manufacture this phone.

Hosting Services by ipHouse