Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Friday January 19, 2018 at 22:09
Brad Humphrey
February 2004
On January 19, 2018 at 12:22, vwpower44 said...
"We've discussed this issue with LG's engineers in the past, and it seems that the TVs go through some kind of maintenance cycle periodically to make sure the OLED's cells are resetting properly.

I am dying laughing at this. It is such BS! "Properly resetting OLED cells" LMFAO!!!
This is EXACTLY like that BS about refilling plasma TVs. I actually had a customer once ask me about refilling the plasma in their TV.

If it isn't burned in to bad, just watching regular TV might eventually (after a very long time) reduce the visibility of the image. As long as they are not watching that same channel with the static image again (at least for any length of time).
If it burned it in real good thou. Sorry, there is nothing beyond doing the negative image thing, that is going to do any good... ever. It 'is' damage.

This is also another reason to make sure the TV settings are correct. With a properly adjusted display, image retention (burn in) usually isn't an issue.

But this also brings up a qualifier that many people (even me) forget to ask sometimes - what content do they regularly watch. And dig deep into that question before selling them a TV.
If the customer just watches one TV channel ALL the time, 8-10 hours a day. And that channel has a static logo or text bar on it. It is going to eventually damage an OLED, plasma, CRT TV. Nothing can be done about that. They NEED to be sold an LCD display.
This is important because as strange as it is to me, there are many people out there that leave their TV on all day. And leave it on a news channel or similar with static images on it. This will destroy an OLED, plasma, CRT.

Last edited by Brad Humphrey on January 19, 2018 22:20.

Hosting Services by ipHouse