The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Friday January 19, 2018 at 21:59
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On January 19, 2018 at 19:43, thecapnredfish said...
Dave, I agree with you on all. My point is he is asking another dealer to sell it to him so he may resell it.

I don't think any of us are good enough mind readers to stick that interpretation onto these sentences:
On January 19, 2018 at 13:47, burtont62 said...
Customer is requesting a MX122 and we're not dealers.

If you're a dealer PM me or if you have a friend that's a dealer send me their information and I'll contact them.

...so... you're saying that "contact them" means exactly "I want that dealer to sell it to me so I may resell it" and doesn't mean anything else. Can't it mean "I'll contact the dealer and if he has it I'll send my customer over there"?

I read it as him wanting to know of a dealer to contact. The details of what he's going to do, beyond contact them, are unstated.

You're also impugning McIntosh dealers here by acting as though any and all of them would join into such an arrangement. I didn't read anybody writing "you can't get McIntosh equipment that way."

It could be much more innocent than you took it to be.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse