Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 21 made on Friday January 19, 2018 at 13:00
SB Smarthomes
July 2007
Acoustics were really bad in the house and something that was continually being worked on.  I used a lot of "ecoustic" panel from Unika Vaev:
[Link: unikavaev.com]

This was applied to one side of the main hallway, a couple feature walls, in the backs of the bookcases and then I stuck it everywhere else I could hide it (under the fireplace mantel, on the bottom of the dining room table, on the bottom of benches and chairs, etc.).

Carpets were also changed out and were different than what you saw on the website photos which helped a lot.

The glass is a special "Starphire" glass that's manufactured with less iron and lead so it's very clear and doesn't have the green hue you see looking through the edge of regular glass.  This kind of glass is usually used in high-end jewelry or museums displays.

All the electric switched glass stays cloudy/milky and wouldn't work for a home like this.  The Master Bedroom & Bath which are right on the front of the house have roller shades (master bedroom has combo blackout & sheer), so when they want privacy in the bedroom or bath they can close the shades.  The lot is also large and very private and had a wall all the way around it so you can't really see the house from the road so privacy isn't much of an issue except for groundskeepers and other people on the property.
www.sbsmarthomes.com
Santa Barbara Smarthomes

Hosting Services by ipHouse