The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 25 made on Thursday January 18, 2018 at 15:39
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On January 17, 2018 at 11:11, Trunk-Slammer -Supreme said...
[Link: flashbak.com]

There's a photo in there of a chick with a guitar, and she's wearing some bent metal thing that rests on her forehead. I've never seen anything at all like that outside of photos from Woodstock and its mud... and I remember the sixties.

On January 18, 2018 at 14:41, Craig Aguiar-Winter said...
Tomciara,

No one will look back fondly at Netflix buffering and HDMI being a big piece of shit.

Would you call those the good old days then?

These will be the days of convergence -- remember when that was the word used to describe something good that we thought was coming -- where all this stuff is converging up our asses.

I forgot to point out that I was also my mom's remote control, turning the volume down for every commercial. We did that so many times that the volume control wore out.

One of my first installations was a rewiring of the headphone jack on the front of the TV. A fifteen foot two wire cable plugged in there. My mom held a small metal chassis with an on/off switch on it, so she could turn the ads off. That reduced my remote needs to channel changes.

Looking back, I realize that must have been a hot chassis set, which I knew nothing about. It's a good thing I have ALWAYS had decent wiring skills and nothing touched the box she had in her hands!
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse