The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 37 made on Tuesday January 16, 2018 at 19:43
Hasbeen
Loyal Member
November 2007
On January 16, 2018 at 17:25, ericspencer said...
I would do an internal link and build a control 4 specific page within my own site.

That's one way to handle it.   I know he's a Control4 dealer, you know he's a Control4 dealer...the only people who don't know he's a Control4 dealer (and don't care) are the people actually purchasing the system..

A very small percentage of customers have ever heard of Control4 until they purchase it from us, and I'd care to bet that if we called them right now and asked them what the name of it was, they still wouldn't know. The same goes for any of the products that you guys sell on a daily basis.  Let's look at some of the best brands in the industry  Monitor Audio, Kef, Def Tech,   very few of our customers ever heard of them.....

So, to be cost effective I promote the "lifestyle" on the pages...Then if one of my clients decides to go to Savant or Crestron etc...I can change a blurb or two (at no charge to my client) make a couple of changes to the SEO, and voila!  everyone is happy, and haven't had to pay for pages to be rebuilt.

Now, I understand what you're saying...."But how does that help him in the rankings..."

Here's one of my customers rankings when we use keywords "Home Automation"  and "Control 4".  He ranks in the #1 position for organic search on both of them..So, if a customer searches for smart home, smart home automation, home automation or Control4 or Control 4.  He's ranks in the #1 spot.

This is all controlled on the backend of the site.

Hosting Services by ipHouse