The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 35 made on Tuesday January 16, 2018 at 15:27
Hasbeen
Loyal Member
November 2007
On January 16, 2018 at 13:37, juliejacobson said...
Nice. Congrats. Few things:

I like a "brands" section on dealer sites. You might think it doesn't matter bc you're the brand, but it helps with SEO and reputation. Just some good representative brands. Doesn't have to be comprehensive.

Yeah, the Control 4 link is there...1st page.

I somewhat agree about the links, but we're talking backlinks here....the people who are benefiting from my customers putting manufacturer links on their site are the manufacturers....

If Manufacturer X has 10,000 dealers, and 10,000 dealer sites are pointing to X's site...Then X receives all that backlink juice from Google.  Google will view them as an authority in the subject, and rightfully so (because 10,000 websites are pointing to them singing the praises of their awesome widget )......What is my customer actually getting from it? Other than a potential customer clicking away from their site...never to be heard from again...

I actually had a conversation about this with a webmaster for an innovative screen company in TX a few months ago....Basically saying...."Hey while you guys are re-doing your site....why don't you show these CI's some love and give them some backlinks."  He said he'd take a look into possibly doing it, but most manufacturers couldn't give a rat's ass about the integrators who are keeping their doors open....Except to cash their checks...

I'd love it if the manufacturers would share the link wealth, but most don't and they're probably never going to.....

That's what will benefit my customers...When they're the one getting backlink juice from Control4 rather than the other way around.

Go to the dealer section of Control4...Type in an zip code...This is what I get when I tick any dealer.

Not beating up Control4 because in reality, they're one of the best out there..

Last edited by Hasbeen on January 16, 2018 16:33.

Hosting Services by ipHouse