Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Friday January 12, 2018 at 00:41
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
Brad,
the other thread is not about the same subject. That one is about the frequency used by the DirecTV remotes. This one is about what happens when that control occurs. If anything, that subject might be a footnote in this discussion, but I wanted to know those answers before this subject occurred to me.

You ask me how. I already explained something that I saw work: a hunk of cable that could carry signals of the remote's freuqency, with a quarter-wave antenna on each end. It really truly picks up the signal at one end and emits it at the other. Sure, it's highly attenuated, but it actually does it. And, since it's totally passive, it's instantly duplex; each antenna can pick up and can radiate, even at the same time!

My question about the video bridge had to do with whether the commands that run the clients go to the video bridge or to the DVR. And it didn't occur to me that maybe they go to the wireless clients, which then wirelessly communicate with... the DVR, I'm thinking.

By the way, the crack team of installers who did a GREAT job installing wires throughout the house were totally baffled when they came to reassemble the satellite system and found no SWM power supply. We all were baffled. They finally figured it out: the DVR itself provides the voltage that runs the SWM LNB!
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse