Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday January 11, 2018 at 13:23
Curlyp
Long Time Member
January 2018
Hello Community,

I am new to the forums here and well, new to URC remotes in general! I am coming from a Logitech Harmony Elite with Hub. I became fed up with the lack of response/delays and inoperability with Logitech so I switched.

I’ve been researching different remotes a couple months ago and came across the URC remotes. From what I have read, they are well liked and recommended by a lot of folks. I contacted a local dealer and purchased a “used” MX-980 remote at the beginning of this week. The dealer also provided me with the Stand alone editor and CCP.

I did some research online (and in this forum) and it seems many folks are having issues with Philips TV. Last week, I purchase a 75” Philips 4K HDR Smart TV (75PFL6601) and I am having trouble switching between HDMI inputs and turning on and off the TV (all this was with the Logitech remote).

Going through the CCP manual and setting up the MX-980 remote, I see there is a similar issue with this remote? When setting up the IR data, I select “Philips” and “75PFL6601”, however, there are no discrete functions for On/Off and HDMI 1, HDMI 2, HDMI 3 and HDMI 4. Is this still the case, or has someone been able to program their remote with CCP to turn on/off the Philips TV and switch between HDMI inputs?

If not, is there another way around this to program the remote or am I just SOL with Philips TV and possibly consider returning it for another brand?

Thanks for reading my lost post. I would appreciate any guidance/advice.

P.S. if someone has their remote setup with a similar Philips model to work correctly, would you mind sharing your setup file?

Last edited by Curlyp on January 11, 2018 13:32.

Hosting Services by ipHouse