The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Thursday January 11, 2018 at 11:06
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
This was done about ten years ago with the Marantz RC5200, a version of the original Pronto. I say that to emphasize that it was NOT used with a Zigbee product, so I have no info on how that might work. I'm willing to try it now that I see the new DirecTV remotes are Zigbee.

The house where I'm thinking about using this has the DirecTV Video Bridge in the garage, about as far as possible from the Den and Master Bedroom (where the DVR is) as possible, so a passive antenna between garage and Den (Master Bedroom is directly above the Den) might help things. That depends on another thing, though. With wireless clients, do the remotes communicate with the DVR or with the wireless video bridge? I'm not sure. See [Link: remotecentral.com] about that.

Cable was about sixty feet, monopoles were about 45 feet apart. The remotes had no dead spots but were only used more or less in a straight line between the monopoles.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse